• PSC Graduate Kimberley Munro wins AIPP Australian Emerging Photographer of the Year

Congratulations to recent Bachelor Pathway graduate Kimberley Munro on winning the 2013 AIPP Australian Emerging Photographer of the Year.

Check out  Kimberley's images and read her thoughts about studying at PSC, her future plans and advice to students.

Kimberley Munroe's AIPP APPA Gold Award winning image

What do you like most about PSC?

How personal everything was. You get to know everyone in your year level, the lecturers and staff. What made this great was that everyone becomes so familiar with individual styles and personalities that you can bounce off each other, have an interest in what everyone was doing and become exposed to new things in the world.

How different is your photography & conceptual skill now compared to the first week of the course?

In the first week of the course, I pretty much knew nothing about a camera. I thought fashion photography was the best thing ever and that Photoshop wasn’t necessary except for lightening eyes. Now everything I choose to shoot questions the identity of society and is channeled into a hyper­real universe, is heavy with Photoshop, and I own three cameras and know how they all work!

What’s your dream job?

Being freelance without needing a description of what I do on a business card.

Where do you hope to be ten years from now?

I want to have continued my studies into animation and 3D illustration. Be a published illustrator and writer. Produce my own animations and exhibitions and be a successful portrait and advertising photographer.

What advice would you give to future students?

You only get out what you put in, better yourself outside of class and when you reach the end of the course you will have a phenomenal folio and great work ethics.