• Establishing an International Career in Photography with Vesna Obradovic

Vesna Obradovic Poster

Graduating with an Advanced Diploma from PSC in 2014, Vesna Obradovic now deals with clients from Melbourne to LA as a makeup artist and photographer. Being great at her job right now, Vesna definitely showed promise as a student, winning 3 AIPP Epson Professional Photography awards and being a finalist for the Student Photographer of the Year, Victoria Award, last year! Catch a glimpse of the artist through our interview with her:

1. What made you want to learn photography?

For as long as I can remember I have always had a camera in my hand, and it's something that went from a hobby to a true passion. I couldn't imagine myself doing anything other than photography so I decided to study it to gain as much knowledge and skill as I could, to improve my craft.

2. How has being a photographer complemented your skill set of also being a makeup artist?

Being qualified in makeup has complimented my photography greatly. I mostly specialise in beauty/cosmetic photography so having that extra knowledge within the beauty industry has really helped. Understanding things from how certain products will react under different lighting conditions, to even knowing exactly how to express your vision and material-requirements to a makeup artist. All these things that might seem minor, actually make a world of difference when on set.

3. What are your earliest memories of doing artwork?

It all started in my early teens, probably around the age of 14. I was constantly having my friends over on the weekends so that I could photograph them. Looking at the photos now, I absolutely cringe, but hey, we all have to start somewhere! I suppose every single frame you take is just a step towards improving the next one.

4. What do you miss most about PSC?

The one major thing that I miss the most is the constant access to feedback. At PSC you are given feedback on a daily basis, and it is that feedback that helps your portfolio develop into its final stages!

5. How do you juggle your local and international clients?

With everything being digital these days I am still able to work out of Melbourne. I can communicate online with my international clients, which makes it a lot easier to juggle everything!

What's your advice for students graduating from PSC?

1. Take everything one a step at a time and don't put too much pressure on  yourself.

2. Before you graduate take every advantage that you can in the studio as you will miss it when it's gone!

3. Pick your tutors brains!! Ask every last question you have to ask!

4. Make your final folio the best representation of yourself as possible; this portfolio has the potential to get you your first job/client once walking out of PSC.

To see more of Vesna's scintillating work, visit her amazing Facebook page  and Instagram profile @vesnamua !

You can even buy prints of Vesna's work at the PSC Photosales Page! You can even buy prints of Vesna's work at the PSC Photosales Page! Click image to see more.

Read more about learning photography with our Degree and Diploma programs, at our Full Time Studies Page.