• PSC's Four Talented Students Open Their Own Exhibition

Tammy Boyce, Ian Kemp, Margaret Lim and Pamela Morris were all silver award winners at the 2016 state-wide AIPP Victorian Epson Professional Photography Awards and are now having their latest work showcased in the Backspace Gallery in Ballarat. The exhibition will be dedicated to these four artists who have developed their photographic skill-set to wonderful heights. Currently studying part time at PSC, they are proud of their achievement and were kind enough to share their thoughts with us:

Ian Kemp

Getting together in an exhibition in our final year was a natural extension of class work, we had to rely on what we had learnt there except that this time it is not a class exercise. It is where we want to be in the future.

2016-VIC-awards-Non C-KempIan-118649

Margaret Lim

I can't believe the year is almost coming to an end.  The coming exhibition in Ballarat will be a great platform to showcase my work to a wider audience and I feel privileged to be part of such a talented group of artists.  Studying at PSC has been instrumental in nurturing my dream to create artwork that I feel confident in showing to the public but much more, it crystallised a self belief in my own pathway.  The College has been wonderfully nurturing and supportive, I have learnt much more than I expected.

2016-VIC-awards-Illus-LimMargaret-118213 with name

Pamela Morris

PSC lecturers were very supportive and encouraging but at the same time ensured they challenged me and gave me assignments that caused me to work way out of my comfort zone.  This has not only made me a better photographer but has opened my eyes to photographic genres and techniques that, I otherwise would not have experienced and which I now embrace as part of my repertoire. I feel that the course has fully prepared me to be able to successfully work professionally as a photographer.

Working with other students to create a Gallery Exhibition has been a great collaborative experience.  Choosing the images to be part of my display has required me to be very introspective about my work so I can understand what may appeal to a broader audience.

2016-VIC-awards-Illus-MorrisPam-118691 with name

Be sure to make it for their exhibition opening at the Backspace Gallery (Ballarat) on 3 September at 2pm. In addition to this we are having our last intake for our part time classes on 31 August - so apply now and get your spot! Visit http://psc.edu.au/part_time.html to register your interest.