• Tuesday Feature: Caitlin Gartside

Today's feature is on fine-art student Caitlin Gartside, whose on-going work focuses on introspection and mental illness.

Caitlin Gartside, 2016

Caitlin completed her studies at PSC last year majoring in art photography in the bachelor course, now her work is on display at the Queen Victoria Women's Centre for the rest of March, open Monday to Friday 8:30am to 6:30pm. Check out the exhibition 'Elements' at our celebratory night tomorrow night from 6 - 8pm at 210 Lonsdale street, Melbourne. Follow Caitlin on Instagram for more of her work

Caitlin Gartside, 2016

"I see myself as a person with flaws that outweigh any good traits I may possess, a burden despite reassurance, and a failure regardless of evidence of success. I feel as though I am systematically betrayed by my malfunctioning and unconscious cognitive processes. Understandably, I then tend to project these negative feelings onto those around me and I assume that their judgements of me align with my biased judgments of myself."

Caitlin Gartside, 2016