• PSC Student Jo-Anne Cripps wins at the International Color Awards (LA)

Jo-Anne Cripps, a full time student in the 3rd year of the Bachelor of Photography program won an Honorable Mention at the world's leading awards for the field of colour photography. She received this prize under the 'Abstract' category in the 9th International Color Awards (Los Angeles) during the last week of March. Jo-Anne is currently in the running for another prize with a very prominent photography festival, which we will share details of in the next few days!

Image by Jo-Anne Cripps Image by Jo-Anne Cripps

Here are some words from our amazing student-photographer, herself:

"During the past 2 years I have come to think of PSC as my second home. The encouragement and support from lecturers, staff and other students have contributed to my personal growth as a photographer.  The skills and knowledge I have gained has not only allowed me to understand 'why' I want to take a particular image but also 'how' I  visually want to convey the meaning of that image to the viewer.  I am majoring in Photojournalism and Documentary in the last year of my Bachelor of Photography. With the support of my lecturer, Katrin Koening, I intend to continue to develop my skills, both practical and personal and continue my growth as a photographer in a contemporary world. "

Jo-Anne also won a silver award at the Epson AIPP Victorian Epson Professional Photography Awards for her image. We are extremely proud of her and are excited to share a feature on her this week!