• Hoda Afshar featured on Aint Bad

One of our fantastic photographer's; Hoda Afshar has been featured on Aint Bad with her ongoing work "In The Exodus, I Love You More"

"In the Exodus, I love you more is an ongoing photographic series that I began in 2014. It is a record of my changing vision of, and relationship to, my homeland, Iran:
a relationship that has been shaped by my having been away, by that distance that increases the nearness of all the things to which memory clings, and which renders the familiar… strange, and veiled.
It is an attempt to embrace that distance and to turn it into a kind of seeing. To let what is both there and not there shine through the surface. To let the surface speak. It is an attempt to explore the interplay of presence and absence in the history of Iran and in Iranians’ lives, and to discover the truth that lies there in their never-ending meeting, in-between."

The collective behind Aint Bad is dedicated to publishing contemporary photography and text to support a progressive community of artists from around the world.

Well done Hoda!

017