• Home
  • PSC graduates & students at Semi-Permanent 2011
Melina 09/29/2011 News
1 Minutes

Semi-Permanent 2011, a creative conference held at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre on 23 and 24 September was attended by PSC students, gradutes and staff.

Jessica Meyerink PSC final year art specialisation student said "Semi Permanent was great because I got to hear well renowned people from the industry talk about their career and how they got to where they are today".

"I loved it even more because I got to meet one of my idols in person, Platon. He was one of the most genuine and humble human beings I have ever met. He shook my hand and signed my book for me. He also apologized in advance to me for choosing photography as a career. Then he laughed! It was a great weekend and I can't wait till next year" Jessica Meyerink

PSC Art specialisation graduate Jess McDonald found inspiration at the Semi-Permanent Conference. She said "there was an amazing selection of speakers, all with one thing in common- they all love what they do and what they do is create. There were local, interstate and international speakers all bringing their own unique view on what they do and why they do it.  It was interesting to hear speakers from the world of design, photography, animation, art, media and even paper craft as everyone had something to bring to the table".

Jess was most impressed with "Platon, as the final speaker he left you wanting more of his mind blowing stories but also this need to go out there and create something you believe in and something to be proud of".

Hear more about what they have to say about Semi-Permanent http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoKYbgPguDg&feature=mh_lolz&list=PLEFDB5C56F017E0BB

Tag:

News