Peter 03/09/2012 Students
1 Minutes

STUDENT: Fabian Meli, Final year part time commercial
ASSIGNMENT: Final year, Sem 1 folio
STUDENT COMMENT: The image is from a portraiture series for my final year first semester folio. The concept was to return with some true to life portraits of individuals, I had crossed paths with in life. I wanted the images to have deep blacks and higher than normal levels of contrast for the dramatic effect and gritty punch whilst capturing the person I know to exist under any facade the individual portrays.
Having spent quite a bit of time at live events around Melbourne developing my skills where the performances are a little adhoc and you have little to no control over lighting, always working with what you have in a venue, I wanted to return to the Studio to slow it down, nothing makes me happier then collaborating with other creative individuals and seeing where the process takes you.

Tag:

Students