• Student Profile - Vicki Moritz

Final year student Vicki Moritz was one of the finalists for the 2015 AIPP Australian Student Photographer of the Year at the Australian Professional Photography awards (APPAs) this week. Vicki achieved silver awards for all three of the images she entered which is an amazing achievement - well done Vicki!

Read about Vicki's APPAs experience and see her stunning images below:

2015-MoritzV-1
I loved going to the APPAs and have been for the last three times it has been in Melbourne.  I love watching judging and particularly enjoy the debate where a judge can see something in the image that others cannot and so the judges have a discussion about the image and its elements.  To watch the judging and hear this is a huge learning experience for anyone as they are so knowledgeable.
2015-MoritzV-2
It was very pleasing to enter and get rewarded for my landscape work, which happens to be stuff I enjoy doing outside of class.  I’m especially pleased that the Lake Mountain image got a silver as I have an emotional attachment to that image being from Marysville. I was wondering whether I should put it in because I had an emotional attachment to the area or whether it was a good image - so I was pleased to have it confirmed that it was deserving a silver award.  I feel that with this image it makes beauty out of the destruction caused by the fires.
2015-MoritzV-3
You can find out more about Vicki and her photography on her website  www.marysvillephotography.com.au