• Hanh boatman | How a love of photography is helping expand her skills in her current career

"Studying part-time at PSC has given me a great platform to develop my photography skills and meet a range of wonderful people."

Hanh Boatman is enjoying her newfound knowledge and friendships she has formed while studying. We catch her for a quick chat...

Hanh4

What led you to enrol in a photography course?

As an Interior Designer who has worked in London, I found myself wanting to expand my artistic flare. I am a creative individual who has always adored the visual arts, therefore it was only natural for me to pursue my other passion, which is photography. As an expatriate who’s had the privilege to live throughout Asia, Europe and Australia, I found myself wanting to capture unique moments. In keeping up with today’s savvy growing digital market, I wanted to explore the skills of photography to enhance my business aspirations. 

Hanh2Hanh5

Where does your inspiration come from?

Throughout my body of work I am clearly seduced and inspired by fashion, food and architecture. Still life photography is inspired by my passion for the creative textiles industry, that is diverse and forever changing. I am instinctively drawn to natural light, which plays as a major role throughout my body of work. The architecture and urban buildings displayed are captured with the strong use of light and tones to convey a “State of Mind”.

How has studying helped develop your skills and creativity?

Studying part time at PSC has given me a great platform to develop my photography skills and meet a range of wonderful people. At PSC, we have been lucky enough to be taught by inspiring teachers such as Scott McNaughton and Jessica Ledwich. They have guided me through my journey of photography, by providing the confidence to strive for the best. The course has been well structured, covering both theory and practical elements. This has provided me with the skills, knowledge and courage to push for excellence.

Hanh3

We wish Hanh all the best with her studies, and look forward to seeing where they take her.

Our final Part Time intakes for 2018 start October 10.

To find out more about our Part Time Courses, join us 

Wednesday September 26 

6-7.30pm for our

Part Time Info Night. 

Registration essential 

Refreshments provided. For more info call our

Future Students Coordinator Mandarine on

03 9682 3191 or mmontgomery@psc.edu.au

Save my seat at  Part Time Course INFO NIGHT